Congratulations to Kensington’s (CA XI) wrist spinner Lloyd Pope (17 yo) who yesterday won the leading wicket taker award for the U19 National Championships held over the past fortnight in Adelaide (with 21 wickets @16.3 including 6/21 off 5.5 v SA and 6/29 off 9 v QLD), backing up his winning of the equivalent leading wicket taker award for the U17 National Championships in Oct (SA U17s) where he took 18 wickets. This is officially the first time that any Australian bowler has won this award for both the U17 & U19 National Championships in the same year.
Lloyd’s notables this season so far include:
- U17 National Championships (SA) – 18 wickets. Leading Wicket Taker
- U17 National Championships (SA) – 2nd Most Valuable Player of Tournament
- U17 National Championships (SA) – Team Of The Championships, selection
- U19 National Championships (CA XI) – 21 wickets. Leading Wicket Taker
- U19 National Championships (CA XI) – 3rd (equal) Most Valuable Player of Tournament
- U19 National Championships (CA XI) – Team Of The Championships, selection
- U19 National Championships (CA XI) – Ricky Ponting XII U17 T20 (Team to play SCG BBL curtain raiser on Dec 27 against Adam Gilchrist’s XII U19 T20 Team)
- Cricket Australia Gold Pathway
Cricket Australia’s Pathway has offered Lloyd some wonderful opportunities to “value add” onto his recent success including meeting Shane Warne during the recent Adelaide Test Match and doing a 30 minute session with Shane on the Adelaide Oval prior to play, being selected to play at the SCG on Dec 27 and being invited to attend the CA Pathway Camp in Jan in Brisbane.
Lloyd has also taken 14 wickets for Kensington so far this season in various A Grade formats. Congratulations Lloyd from the Club on your season’s achievements to date!
(Lloyd receives U19s Leading Wicket Taker Award from Ryan Harris)